Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Warrior!

Davis had the best of times and some not-so-good times over the weekend. He held strong through a slight yet annoying fever and we made it through the weekend without a hospital visit, due to being home on IV antibiotics. We celebrated Courtney all weekend with graduation then a birthday day, followed by a fun family party on Sunday. Thank you to all who made this special weekend happen. We continue to be ever so grateful for the outpouring of support, both known and anonymous.

My emotions are so tender and raw and at the mention of...well anything sentimental... like one daughter leaving for college and on the other end, another headed for first grade, I tear up, spill over, and then eat. "Hello, my name is Gayle and I AM an emotional eater!" It really matters not the emotion...stress, happy celebration, sad expressions or boredom(well, that's a far stretch right now, however, if given the opportunity, I would comply). The mere mention of his baseball team adding Davis' #9 to all their shirts to honor him touches my heart.

It makes you realize how healing the thought is that you are not forgotten.

As for this warrior of mine, it astounds me on a daily basis the ability of this young boy to overcome set backs.

He is a man of few words...except for when he is on a roll and
then there is no stopping the contagious nature of
his grin and belly laugh.
The ongoing project of transferring our family videos to DVD is a true source of a lot of my emotional eating moments. My intense awareness of how quickly time passes, often stops me in a flash to just sit and ponder in awe. The amazing images of my children as they grow seem to transport me back in time, as if it were yesterday.

Our family began in 1990 and I am now recorded up to 1998....267 tapes to go!! The most recent memories brought back to life, are my precious Davis turning three. His slightly curly hair, staccato voice, and calm yet mischievous mannerism were a daily comic relief to all. From the very beginning, he was notorious for his tender personality that was observant of others needs. He would save the last bite of every treat for dad to eat upon returning from work. He would lean in and kiss at a moments notice. His big sister as usual is always there to comfort, color with and of course mother at times. Courtney was and continues to be a shining example of strength in trials to Davis.

We fought through challenging times to bring all of our children into this world. I have always cherished the confidence that Heavenly Father had in me to grant my hearts desires of these five babies. I cherish the moments more and more as I deeply understand that they are merely on loan to me in this life. Every aspect of who I am, is defined within my ability to be a wife and a mother. My hopes and fears are all for my children. I truly appreciate the scripture that states; I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (3 John 4)

As we now approach the event of our first child leaving the home and with that the altering of our family as we know it, I tremble in prayer that I have given the security from an earthly mother and the confidence of the love of a Heavenly Father needed to brave this world.

Referring back to the food issues and because this post appears a bit deep, I know I have done my best to physically feed my children and really anyone that visits my home. I love to feed people! I feel that as I age, I am in more constant need for spiritual nourishment. I try to absorb all that I can, however, often feel I am not fully comprehending. I am in awe at the strength found within this community around us. Numerous individuals have approached with words(and treats) of comfort and understanding of the true meaning of enduring well. I find a new sense of wonder at the happiness that still exists in this world despite satan's relentless attempts to destroy.

I am fully aware of the struggles that are abundantly around us every day. I know that ours right now is out in the open, and with that brings an array of emotions. I hope to send love out to all of you that are silently struggling...the Lord knows who you are and will give you the peace, if only for moments hear and there. Hold tight to those moments and your babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!