Sunday, June 6, 2010

"The best day in two weeks!"

Once again the day is ending with a slight rise in temperature. Bags are packed and ready to go. Davis' temperature continues to rise. The physician on call says he is on the right antibiotic and if he is not otherwise symptomatic, we will watch. Thus I write this 12:35am post to stay awake to monitor temps. It's a weird phenomenon. I'm too exhausted to sleep.

Earlier today Davis was feeling good enough to go to Ryan's ballgame and get some fresh air. We took meds to carefully complete while out and about. As we get out of the car, he forgets for a second to put on the mask and states; "maybe I feel too good today!" It was great to see him enjoy the day.

When the fever first began at about 9:45 pm, I had a few sad moments as I watched him quietly and emotionally gear up to return to the hospital. Overwhelmed, I said a tearful prayer and immediatly felt peace. I contribute this to the tender fast on behalf of Davis this weekend. We are truly grateful for the support and love.

Gotta go for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!