Nothing is worth more than this day!
This day began 6 am Friday
*It is amazing what five straight hours of sleep in your own bed will do for your skin. I hit the pillow at 1am and there I remained, same position all 5 hours. I positivly woke up glowing?
*medication routine starts at 6am. One IV med to be infused over 5 minutes and the other over 90 minutes. I decide if I lie back down, there is a good possibility that I will not wake to finish the infusion.
So I start the to do list of the day.
*The kitchen table looks like a pharmacy. I look forward to the day when we can have a family meal around the table. Soon.
* I look forward to the day when we can hold hands for our family prayers. Due to the obvious risk for spreading germs, we now fold our arms and do a lot less hugging. Emmi has created and mastered the AIR HUG...This is done when one person is clean and one person has not yet decontaminated. She holds out her arms and pats the air towards you as if it were a hug.
* I look forward to regular hugs again.
*laundry started
*Graduation gown 1/2 ironed, clothes set out. Tassel? check. cap? check. tickets? check.
*clothes folded, dishwasher unloaded.
*Teachers gifts for the last day of school, wrapped.
*treats for after school parties set out.
*Phone calls to the lab. Results still pending
*Kids awake to catch the bus.
*last minute request for home lunch fulfilled.
****Best part of the morning so far...Pancakes made for breakfast, a "thank you mom, this is 500 times better than cereal." ( I think this would be interpreted as, mom we really missed you this week!)
*flowers for graduation ordered and being picked up. Thanks mom.
*Blinds open, what a beautiful day.
* I look out the window and reflect on a moment from the night before. Ben wanted to tell Davis that he had missed him the past four days and was glad that he was back. Being extra tender these days, every time he tried to approach Davis, his eyes would well up and he would back away. After four attempts, we walked over to Davis. As the words came out, the tender tears came. He wanted so badly to continue to appear tough, that as he wiped the abundance of tears from his eyes, he began to laugh, cry and smile at the same time. He and Davis embraced for that "momentary" cool guy hug, and he continued to giggle and cry at the same time. I commented that it was okay to cry and laugh all at once, it was like it was raining and sunny at the same time. Well, giggles flew and they then changed the subject to the game on the computer screen. All is well. How blessed am I. Simple joy.
* cameras charging for a weekend of graduation and birthday celebrations.
* kids off to barely run and catch the waiting bus.
* car painted and decorated with balloons and candy to help celebrate.
*Breakfast dishes done.
*lab results in with reasonable news. The strain of strep will hopefully only need one of the two antibiotics. One of the IV antibiotics is discontinued.(yes, it was the 90 minute infusion.) That will simplify the 5-7 pills given twice a day, and the IV to only one three times a day.
*sign for home health delivery. not complete. will call to have the rest sent back out.
*walk slowly to the mailbox, hoping that there are more graduation and birthday mail that the regular stack of bills and statements.
* finish ironing the graduation gown.
*Run to the elementary to take photos of after school kids on their way to walk home or go for ice cream.
*Davis has darling friends show up after school to have him sign yearbooks. Thanks friends. *a good friend has people sign a yearbook for Davis. Thanks Cody
* gather graduation gifts..wrap...card
*settle all medical information and precautions with Davis and his "buddy" of the night. Thanks Uncle Jon
*neighbor calls and says she is bringing soup and pizza. What a relief, had not even thought about that one yet. Thanks, Natalie
*other neighbors and family take the other kids around for their fun of the day. Thanks Natalie Lisa and Melyn.
***I hesitate in naming names because there are so many kindness' every day, I thank you all for your continued service and care...AIR HUGS TO ALL!!
*Graduation was fabulous. Not as long as we had anticipated. We are so amazed at the accomplishments made by Courtney, especially the past three years. We had a great time with grandparents. Thanks grandparents. We went to a restaurant that had options for gluten free food. Courtney ended up having a won ton piece in her rice that cross contaminated her meal. She is now at the all night party..hoping that it was a mild exposure and she will be able to enjoy her night.
*Home, Davis is feeling pretty good and just beat Uncle Jon at a three hour Risk game. Kids back from all parties and decontaminated.
*Medications given
*Courtney's room decorated for arrival home in the morning for her 18th birthday. Complete with balloons, flowers, sign and Ben's "laser-like trap" made from crete paper back and forth across the room and the infamous handmade quilt on the bed.
*Dishwasher running, washer and dryer going strong.
*Temperature holding, alarm set for hourly temperature takes.
Sleep is calling in waves of red stinging eyes, neck burning and the inability to think one more rational thought.
Pictures to be posted soon.
You guys are amazing. We love you and pray for you all. From Reta and Kylee
ReplyDelete