Friday, June 18, 2010

Strength in gentleness

Today has been a continuation of our current roller coaster ride. Davis has struggled through a day of stomach issues, headaches, restless leg, and nausea, and yet continues to hold strong. A good friend sent me a quote today that captures Davis' true essence.

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing

is so gentle as real strength."



We had the good news from the fourth surgery biopsy that there was no fungus to add to our strength. They will continue to monitor and do another surgery on Monday, however, the specialists used the word miraculous to describe the early findings, diagnosis and treatment. The extreme 3 day jaw pain , headache and fever which originally brought us to the hospital last week, suddenly retreated when we considered the direction of surgery to determine any infection. We truly feel blessed, and have continued hope that he can remain free of any other infection.

Last, but certainly not least. We are blessed to have so many loving and concerned friends and family. We were graced by the presence of a visit from Elder Kikuchi of the Seventy. Together with a good friend, Elder Kikuchi proceeded to give Davis a powerful priesthood blessing, full of hope and promise and comfort. It was a special experience that Davis will surely remember and I will always hold dear. Davis' strength and hope increased through the faith of Elder Kikuchi and we will cherish the memory forever.

1 comment:

  1. Davis and Gayle,
    I ran into Kara the other day and she gave me this web address to catch up. I want you both to know that with every post I read, I feel the spirit so strongly! Gayle, The Lord's infinite wisdom is once again displayed in his choice of mother for Davis.

    A few weeks ago, Abby and I were reflecting on our time in Syracuse. Davis, do you remember running around the outside of our house with Abby while I timed you? Or having a late night with your tent on our tramp? Abby wants to know if you remember pretending to be raptors or creating your own water slide by putting the hose at the top of your slide? I sure remember the mud at the bottom! So fun! To you it probably seems ages ago, but to us oldies it was just yesterday!! :)

    Gosh, we miss you guys! Your family is in our hearts and prayers. Your strength and courage are ever inspiring.

    Love,
    Angie Peterson

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!