Saturday, May 15, 2010

Strength Beyond Measure and All You Can Eat



Davis continues to amaze all the doctors and nurses with his strength and maturity to handle all these situations. He made it through the placement of the central line this morning with flying reports. He did well with the anesthesia and was awake and hungry immediately. Primary has a room service policy that was created for boys like Davis...Order anything you want and as much as you want, for no extra cost (that is still to be seen!) I tried to convince him that it is just like being on a cruise...he did NOT buy that one! We looked forward together for a moment at the thought of an actual cruise buffet that did not require a rolling IV pole as a travel partner.

The plan is to recover today, maintain levels and begin the immunosuppressive drug therapy first thing Tuesday morning.

-The strength of Youth-

Thanks to the teacher’s quorum for their fast and visit on Sunday. I was filled with the spirit to see the strength and genuine concern from a stunning group of boys in white shirts and ties. Thanks for your reports on all the happenings for Davis. He especially loved the report that the girls were missing him!

-Gratitude and love-

Thanks to all of our kind neighbors that allow my other kids to wander in and out of your homes. It is hard to be away day after day and I am grateful for all the reassurance that they are being cared for...and fed. You are amazing.

What more can I say about family. We are so blessed to have everyone pull together in love.

I will update whenever I have a moment this week.

Come what may...and endure it well!

All my love,
Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!