Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 9th 2010-Mother’s Day Moments

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to send this email from our hospital room. Here it goes.Please be patient with my often rushed spelling and grammar!

After three 2 hour long bloody noses over the weekend, Davis' body was in need of some help and we were admitted Sunday evening. After two blood transfusions and three platelet transfusions with one major scary reaction, we seem to now be under "control"!


I had a great Mother's Day with all my babies, complete with a traditional omelet in bed and cards galore. Davis and I then spent a tender Mother's Day night together. My heart melted as he said "Happy Mother's Day" with a questioning tone from under his mask and bloody nose. I couldn't help but feel in awe at the privilege of being a mom. I often feel the responsibility, helplessness and pure joy of motherhood all in one breath. This challenge has brought many emotions to the surface for me. I realize how often I rely on my Heavenly Father to take some of the load, especially when it comes to the care of my children. I value the privilege of being a mom beyond words and pray for that to continue.

ice and pressure before going to the ER.

*BEST LAB NEWS YET!*

The major test that we have been waiting and praying for came back today as negative. Thank you for all your prayers. The road ahead is long and uncertain, however, that one would have been certain and difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!