Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 14, 2010-Homeward Bound!

Treatment day number four complete!

Seven days ago, I was sleeping in my own bed on a beautiful Mother's Day. Today, my fold-out chair bed and I are still trying to bond. Wow, what a week. Davis has made it through the first round of immunosuppressive drug therapy. The waves of emotions and reactions have come and gone over the past four days. After the last dose yesterday, we were able to go outside for 10 minutes to see and feel the first sunshine for him in seven days. The window blinds have been broken all week. He truly appreciated the blue sky and warmth of the sun!

He had a little set back last night again with a reaction, however, seems to be recovering this morning. We are hoping to come home today for awhile.

-Homeward Bound-



Realizing of course that often our plan is not our own, here is the current plan of action; We will go home today with his central line, a medication schedule that they endearingly call a "road map" due to the need for great navigation, a home health schedule, continued decreased immunity precautions, a good appetite for homemade food, a renewed love for home and family and a smile.

The length of time needed for recovery is very broad and not really known due to the rare nature of being a "one" in a million kid! He will be on some medications for a year or more and others will hopefully leave our journey sooner than later.

PS After many requests, and with some help, I have created a blog! Yes, Yes, I know you say, you go girl! I am hoping to have all of the updates and add some photos by later today. So "STAY TUNED"

PS Thanks for the great service and support we have received again this week. We hope you know how blessed we feel to be surrounded by such faith and love.

All our love,
The Cox Crew

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is brilliant! Thank you for letting me read your story!

    My prayers are with you and just know that we love you... I love YOU, Gayle.

    ~Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. You guys are amazing. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!