His blood levels did not go up...however, they did not go down! So for today and much to Davis' happiness, we did not need blood or platelets and we came back home. Bags once again placed by the door for the next venture.
Coming home is always an mental boost. Davis was able to conference-in on a KJH officer meeting today and eat fairly well. The emotional isolation was offset for today to feel like he was involved in something...and for that we are grateful.
Davis and I have been loving listening to John Bytheway talks on our drive to and from the hospital. You would think it depressing to hear talks of adversity with emotions so raw. However, it is so incredible to listen to Davis comment, "Wow, that one would be hard."
It reconfirms in my heart the valiant young man he is becoming.
We realize in this life that without the bad we would not be quite as grateful for the good. I am personally working on the weakness to love the process of the bad to reach the benefits of the good. In my heart I know I see growth at the end. I would somehow like to bottle that growth for the insecure fearful moments in life. I pray intently for the strength to endure with grace, that I may feel of the promises from my Heavenly Father. Adversity at any age opens your heart to the pangs of empathy and the tender mercies of God.
Our thought for the day:
I prayed for strength...God gave me difficulty.
I prayed for wisdom...God gave me problems to solve.
I prayed for prosperity...God gave me intellect and muscles to work with.
I prayed for courage...God gave me danger to conquer.
I prayed for favors...God gave me opportunities.
I prayed for love...God gave me people to help.
I received nothing I prayed for, but everything I needed.
Nice to see the blog up and running. You have such a way with words Gayle, I love reading your posts. Davis you amaze us with you're strength! Keep fighting, and keep your chin up.Love, your neighbors, the Walters.
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys! And you are in our prayers! I am amazed by your strength. We are here if you need anything! love ya!
ReplyDeletekristen curtis
So glad you have your blog up and running!!! It is fun to see pictures with your posts. If you need any tech help - let me know :)
ReplyDeleteGlad things are good for you today - always in our prayers!!!
-Natalie Steed
What wonderful reports and what amazing strength you have. The news was such a good report--steady progress and a Wednesday with a conference call and fun treats. Gayle, your thoughts are so insightful and keep us all going. Davis, you are remarkable in every way. We are so proud of your courage and determination. Much love--G and G
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have a blog! Davis, we love you and pray for you each day. You are amazing, and we are so happy with your progress. We loved seeing your pictures. You have grown sooo much since we saw you last summer - you remind me an awful lot of your dad when he was a teenager.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Aunt Jana
How is it possible that you are strengthening all of us? Constantly in awe of you. I love the quote and love you all very much. Thinking of you - always.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Julie