We had a little moment today to meet a girl that has acquired aplastic anemia within the past two years that was visiting the hospital for a check-up. The darling little 7 year old, was in awe at Davis' 6 foot frame sitting on the exam bed. The little girl did not say much, but the mom and I exchanged brief words and glances. I felt her spirit and we understood one another.
We are getting closer to a therapeutic level for the medication, and will retest on Friday. He is experiencing more side effects, especially in the night, from the meds now, however, continues to amaze me with his endurance and attitude.
The words to adequately describe this incredible boy is nothing short of
Christlike patience.
Christlike patience.
His calm, even in the waves of feeling ill, often leaves me speechless.
I feel his strength when he puts his arm over my shoulders for support as we go from lounge chair, to bed, to couch in attempts to find him comfort in the night.
I often wonder who is supporting whom.
I usually sit for a moment in the car before entering my house as if to gather enough stability and strength to fulfill all my roles that will inevitably swarm upon entering. A few rare times in the past, maybe after a lunch out with friends or a wonderfully relaxing massage, I have even considered pulling back out feeling as if my cup was not quite full enough to brave dinner, laundry, school work, or the dreaded 4:30- 6:30 time frame! My heart now, is again overwhelmed each time I pull in the drive way. This emotion is however, one of pure privilege at the many roles that await me behind the doors. Do not misunderstand ...I still say a prayer, take a deep cleansing breath and say out loud with a deep sense of gratitude...
...There's no place like home.
Hi! This is Faun, MaKell's mother... We have been so concerned about Davis. MaKell has kept us informed and then she gave us this blog to read. You, your family and especially Davis are in our thoughts and prayers. I am amazed at how beautifully you express yourself in these posts, how you convey your deep faith and hope... You are truly lifting others with your words. One of my favorite quotes is by Washington Irving…
ReplyDelete“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
You truly are feeling that spark of Heavenly fire; it shows in your posts.
Thinking of you,
Faun Jackson
Cox Family,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I love you all and am in awe of your strength and faith. I just wanted you to know that you all remain in our prayers and our thoughts. Thank you for taking the time to write out your story; Your sweet testimony is strengething and inspiring.
What a beautiful post, Gayle. You are a truly amazing mother - I've looked up to you ever since you became one. I love you. We send our deep love to Davis and your whole family.
ReplyDeleteOh, Gayle...through tears I am typing this. Thank you for sharing your tender thougths and feelings with so many of us. I know the Lord is mindful of Davis and I know He will continue to uphold and sustain your family during this time...continue to turn to Him as you have so often. We love you and continue to pray for Davis and your family. You are an amazing woman Gayle, and someone I have always admired...take carae! Love, Steph and fam
ReplyDelete