Sunday, August 8, 2010

THANKS for going the distance...for me...Love, Davis!

Yesterday I was able to come to part of the fundraiser that had been put together for me. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I got to fly to the event on a helicopter and as we were flying over the mountains, trees and lakes, everything just looked so beautiful and amazing. That helicopter ride was one of the funnest things I have ever done. Definately better than any roller coaster. I was so glad that I felt up to going for the ride.  

As we came out of the mountains and started to come towards Davis High, we were going to fly past and go fly over my house first, and as we flew over Davis High, it was so amazing to see all the people there. I could see people at the football camp, at the bounce house and in the parking lot. It was just crazy how much stuff was there.  As we landed, people rushed from all over the place to come see me. I got to see people that I hadn't seen in years who were there to support me. I got to meet some of the blaze football players, coaches and the president. It all looked so fun I just wanted to get out there and start playing football with everybody and be able to do the activities that were there. I'm so grateful to the community and am amazed at how much was able to happen. There was even wrestling and motorcycle stunts.. which I really wanted to watch but the sun just drained the energy out of me and I had to go home and rest.

Thank you so much to everybody that helped out in anyway with this. It was awesome to be able to see my friends and people I know and to know that that many people care for me and my family. I love you all and thank you for all your support.  I promise to keep fighting this disease and it helps to know I am not alone.

Love,
Davis

1 comment:

  1. I think it was an amazing experience for everyone who came!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!