Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Power of ONE!

Throughout my life I have been in wonderment at how some individuals seem to make a name for themselves, whether through fame, fortune or other venues. It seems that there are often certain individuals that have a great impact on others lives. I once read a statement that pointed to the direction of most people growing to be just average. Living a good life, however, not having the expectation to excel beyond average.

I have recently found an absolute love for the good that ONE can have. The small gestures and prayers and comments that have been directed our way has cemented in my heart the power of ONE. From a smile and a note, to treats and lemonade stands. From generous time spent listening, to a group of individuals joining together to create an amazing event. I feel that each ONE of us has within us the ability to have an important influence in life.
Friendship is no BIG thing...It's a million little things.

             I wish that I could send a handwritten thank you note to each and every one of you! 
                                                                     Thank you again!

Tonight as I drove away from my ONE and only Courtney B, I had a deeper reflection of the power of ONE. After moving her into an apartment, meeting roommates and reliving the uncertainties of going away to college, my emotions were once again raw and at the surface. The void of ONE missing from the house is felt by everyone in different ways. Ben prayed that Courtney would "get over her college and be home soon!" Emmi just "knows" that "when she goes to college in a couple three years, that Courtney will still be there!" I will miss her daily presence in our home, her love and example and her place in family prayer. I am so incredibly amazed by this girl. She is one of my heroes for all that she has and continues to overcome. I am so proud of her accomplishments with scholarships that are allowing her to have this experience at this time in her life. I pray for her safety and her to always feel the love and confidence needed to survive this crazy life. She has gained an increased passion over the past few years to complete the nursing program. I am confident that she will find her balance of intelligence and personable compassion that will make her an incredible caregiver.

In all reality I feel the uncertainties most often take care of themselves, if we can just have patience and faith.

1 comment:

  1. You are the ONE that lifts our spirits, Gayle, in your daily reflections. You have a beautiful gift, thank you for sharing it.

    Now, I have to go find some Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!