Monday, August 30, 2010

Just me, my dog, my blog, and I

So I heard, that it is okay to talk to oneself...as long as you don't answer back!

With everyone gone for school, Courtney moved out and Jeff off to work, I have found so much to do, with no one around to share it. The puppy is movement, however, does not replace the loving embraces and conversation of children. So we are in constant search for a new "norm"!

After a fairly successful week last week with Davis attending 41/2 out of 5 days and back to school night, I find myself wanting to release the feeling of constantly being on edge or on call. The feeling of waiting for the next unknown has been such a huge part of my waking and sleeping hours, that I'm not sure how to reengage back into "regular" life. I say regular because I have found that searching for the normal, is difficult to define, much less find and maintain.

[normal] following the usual standard, the typical, ordinary, routine, ritual!

The only thing ritual about this illness is to take it one day at a time. The ability to embrace that the one thing consistant is inconsistancy itself, is a must.

I know it has been happy and confusing to have seen Davis out and about. Sometimes with a mask and sometimes without. He is currently maintaining the immunity numbers that are required for him to be circulating and going to school. Medications are continuing to change and labs being done weekly to determine the levels. There are still the precautions of staying clear of anyone that knows they are or have been sick and good hand washing etc. So with that, I did let my laundry go for a day. Happy Day! Now I am paying for it on a Monday. Due to his maintaining immunity numbers, he will be able to go on the bus to the away volleyball games, but has been counseled to wear a mask in such tight conditions. We are trying to provide him with as many "regular" moments as possible. He is still dealing with the low energy and nausea moments in stride. He wants to function whenever possible, even if it's not all good, knowing that there will be a worse day that he will not be able to function. For now, his severe stomach issues seem to be responding to the treatment. He is so happy about that one. His pain tolerance astounds me as each new and old side effect arises.

We truly contribute his good days to the love, prayers, and blessings that have been given to Davis and our family. The power of Davis' faith has been felt through it all, as he has been able to maintain an unwaivering hope and strength for which the source is a loving Heavenly Father.

For now our new "norm" is full of cautious optimism...and of course hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!