Nothing says summer vacation when you are 14, like a two-hour wait to visit the ENT, while nauseated and in pain, to have a half-golf ball sized mass of tissue, blood and other unmentionables extracted from your nose, and then a quick swerve off the highway on the "road trip" home to throw up in a Kleenex box, with the contents of the box flying in haste to make it available for the "upheaval!" All this, expected to be followed by a little frustration...but no, not from this boy, just a wipe of the brow and the face, from a conveniently scattered piece of tissue, and a huge sigh. When asked if he is okay(which in reflection is one of the worst questions ever constructed in the English language), his nature is to say Yes, I'm good...then at this moment follows with, "I'm not sure if I remember what okay feels like."
We are headed in first thing tomorrow morning for a round of blood and platelets and hope to only have a daytime experience. Davis continues in true calm stride with all the bad and all the good news. The ENT was very pleased with the recovery that the nasal tissue is making after the surgeries. We love when the residents walk in announcing they were told to come in and visit with us because we are "interesting!" I question whether that it is meant as a compliment? They will follow up in a month to make sure we continue on a healthy pathway.
After a two hour long conversation and a total of 6 hours on the phone with insurance, clinics and pharmacies, we have a different medication routine and will keep you posted on the happenings with his responses. Not to offend, but one just has to love the twisted system. I have a new full-time job to coordinate the mass of papers and claims. There just has to be a better way! Emmi made a comment that I was so lucky as I pulled out 12 "letters" from the mailbox in one day for me to open. She wishes that many people would write to her! The desire to be 5 once again flooded my heart.
PS. We thought it best to omit any photos from todays adventures,
for those with weaker stomachs! We figured the visual imagery
of the description would be enough! Plus, the ENT specialist
questioned our intentions when we asked to take the speciman home!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!