Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From morning to night!

Just as Davis' symptoms increased through the day, the lab results came back. With a low hematocrit comes an intense headache with nausea. Although platelets were extremely low today, luckily Davis only had minor petechiae and escaped the mouth or nosebleeds. We headed to the hospital for a short stay admission, platelets and blood. I have to confess, I got a little too comfortable at home over the past week and the admission although expected, was difficult. The hugs as we leave are getting longer and tighter, with the unknown length of time before we return. Emmi has adopted the non-committal lingo and states with a questioning tone, " I will maybe see you tomorrow right?" I really need to learn to take advantage of the sleep while home.

Relax, Reflect, Restore!

I enjoyed the holiday weekend with all the mom moments that are now flooding my heart on a daily basis. I find myself taking even more than the usual photos and video of every little moment...impossible you say...you know me...I LOVE PHOTOS MEMORIES!

I still like to feel that I would be able to have the gratitude without these intense trials, however, I am reminded yet again that I am not in charge. Over the years and after each round of adversity, I reconnect with the need to slow down and cherish the simplicity of life. I have hopes that it is not a function of my inability to grasp the concept rather it is all part of this period of time we call life.

Wednesday is full of promise as we hope to leave our short day stay around 3 am... prayers said...fingers and toes are crossed!

Well 3 am came and went and Davis required a night of oxygen before heading home around nine. Good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!