The usual keys and loose change rattle in the sides, receipts galore float about from quick store runs that didn't make it in the over-stuffed wallet to big to zip closed. Gum wrappers, 2 water bottles, a bandage wrap from some sport injury, and a sock from trying on shoes, ewe! Books on having a Christlike heart, how to eat cleaner and a notebook from a women's class on how to live a smart life! It is a good thing the class focused on relationships rather that purse organization. 7 medical bills, a bed bath and beyond coupon, and a lawn care add-all from Tuesdays mail pick up and stuffed into the bag. Chocolate...just in case. A grocery ad with the specials circled to buy, that have now expired! A little green ninja, 2 band-aids (unused). Yay!, loose dollar bills(well at least until a teenager notices that they are there!) A KIND bar as snack of the day for errand running. Living Social receipt for a day with a personal trainer to hopefully provide exercises that will work around all my injuries and aging issues! Argg! A green program from a Peter Plan play in which Emmi was a fairy. So adorable as she says, "this was the best ever to be up on that stage!" Extra blood containers for the next month lab draw. Medical calendar and notes from the past weeks visits to Hematology/Oncology and Nephrology and oh, yeah the dentist X5 kids, sports medicine, physical therapy and muscle reactivation! doTERRA essential oil receipt, 5 pens, 1pencil, 2 lip glosses, 3 chap sticks and a Macy's credit card application to sucker me into saving an extra 20%. A DVD from the camcorder, and a 100 count bottle-200mg IBU, just in case the chocolate doesn't cut it! A 2nd little green ninja guy, 1 rubber band, and a small bag of pretzels also for a snack so I don't binge on the chocolate during errand day. And just when I think surely there will be a piece of gum if I dig deep enough...nope someone else dug deeper and I only recover 2 empty Orbit sweet mint gum boxes!
Nothing too amazing(aside from the chocolate!) just a good representation of another busy month. I feel a bit like Mary Poppins as I pull out one of the books that fit into a conversation about a soft heart around the lunch table with friends and another that sparked a dialogue about health and wellness. Thus along with a good laugh at the mere sight of the bag, I'm glad the books served a purpose. My goal is to clear it out over the weekend and start again fresh on Monday! This will be accomplished on Saturday between a breakfast, yard/garden work, 2 baseball games, 2 soccer games, the final Peter Pan play night, a swim party, a birthday party, organizing Courtney's room, car, belongings and such back into the house, laundry, food, and gathering items for next weeks neighborhood yard sale! I have determined that I must thrive under stress, however, I crave order! PS. also found within the depths of the bag are receipts for hair dye...needing to be refreshed every 4 weeks! Wow, growing old gracefully is a challenge!
It's when the house begins to resemble the inside of the bag, 2.4 minutes after a full 6 hours of cleaning, that I must strive to muster up the energy and wit to dig a little deeper, and thus the process continues!
Speaking of aging issues...Meet Sweet Caroline!
...A 1975 Chevy Chevelle Malibu Classic that joined our family a few months ago. She smells like 1975 and rides beautifully! When you accelerate and then release the pedal, the pure weight of the car just keeps carrying you forward. It has been fun to see the boys work together in, around and especially under the car to get her running and lookin' good. With the obvious wear, tear, rust and the allowed only 25 miles radius fun zone, Emily exclaimed, "wow, how old IS this car?" I said, "hey there, she's younger than me!" "No way, (and with a reassuring touch on the arm), you look better for your age mom!"
Laugh
when you can,
apologize when you should,
and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
- Anonymous
and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
- Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!