Thursday, February 3, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow-up?(lost post)

Just a funny moment:  I was taking the stairs two at a time and missed clearing the top step. (that's not the funny part)  Upon forcefully jamming my big toe into the top tile step and falling quite hard and loud to the floor, everyone came running from all around the house.  Ben sees the blood on my toe and quickly grabs a paper towel with water and Emmi sees my toe bleeding and heads to the bathroom returning with two Bandaids. As they both return to me trying to quietly scream at the shooting pain from my toe, half-way up my leg, Emmi confidently states; "I think I will be a good nurse just like you and Courtney when I get big!"  I said, yes, you are both good nurses.  Ben QUICKLY and firmly corrected my statement saying, "oh, no, not me, I'm going to be a Jedi warrior and get paid for it!"

 I LOVE 6 and 9 year-olds!


 Give yourself permission to believe in your own super powers and let your mind take you wherever it wants to go.    Anything is possible. 
No fear, no self-doubts, no negative self talk, no self-criticism, no worries, no destructive anxieties or thoughts of failure. To a child, he/she can do anything. And do you know what? They're right. 

- Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!