Wednesday, May 18, 2011

April 2011 - Am I running my life? -DONE

Lately I am astounded at the feeling that I am NOT in fact running my life, however, my life is running me!
A Mother's Day poem:
    Kids to wake,
    Places to take,
    Laundry to shake,
    Fix an ache,
    Appointments to make,
    Garden to rake,
    For goodness sake,
YOU deserve a break!
Being a Mom is... no piece of cake!
Darling, you will say until the accompanied large piece of chocolate cake goes straight to the hips!
Right now, my life seems to be run by tummy aches with sleepless nights, an abscessed tooth to be removed(joy...anyone wishing to volunteer to accompany Ben on this highly anticipated and animated adventure to the dentist is welcome).. PS. intense patience with the need for constant and calming emotional support is highly required for this volunteer position!
I am so taking the video camera for future posterity.  If the emotionally draining and somewhat humorous pre-tooth pulling visit is any indication as to the range of dislike in being there that was expressed over and over, it will be some good footage! Thankfully, we have a very patient and understanding dentist that has seen Ben through many years! Neither one of us could keep a straight face however, as Dr. Wall tried to lighten the news of the tooth pull with, " Hey Ben, I'm going to make you some business cards, because I think that you might grow up to be a dentist someday!"  If you can imagine Ben's face...one of extreme eye-piercing disgust and a resounding intense., "Yea, RIGHT, NO thank you!")

Tangent over, back to the run away life-style: forgotten item, jaunts to the schools, labs, 24/7 emotional support, neck and back pain with desperate visits to the chiropractor to seek function, the cramming of every field trip, program and assignment for the last weeks of school, keeping track of which child,their birth date and symptoms to fill out on doctor office forms(it makes for a fun visit when they are trying to decipher what information goes with which child, how many issues we have and how I am still sane!)
Braces and change of menu for one, food allergy menu changes for others, the need to lose the 2010 twenty extra pounds, and yet another menu change!   Never a dull moment.







Finally, having enough inches grown to donate, I cut my hair!  It was a bigger connection to my identity than I thought, however, I am adjusting to the new look and have taken it as a new start to this year...yes, in April!



















I had several tender moments this past week with Mother's Day as I reflected back on the uncertainty surrounding last Mother's Day! I am humbled that I am still surrounded by my five beautiful children and hold them tight every day!  I found the emotions of the year mark consuming me at random moments. The usual activities of spring, such as yard work and seasonal changing of clothes has thrown me for a loop as I make up for not maintaining the yard and not clothes shopping last year and the year before clothes were passed down to hopefully last one more season.

A day in the Utah life...one day snow, the next blossoms and rainbows!







Updates:  Everyone is excited to have Courtney home for the summer. She is doing well and is looking forward to working at the bake shop for the summer and returning to UVU in the fall.  It is definitely different for all parties, to move back home after being on your own.  I love having her around as an extra driver and she loves having grocery and food perks!  Davis has officially begun the tapering schedule for the immuno-suppressive medication.  He had a few emotional days when we were told that the tapering would take 14-16 months.  In the grand scheme of things the ability to see the rational thinking in the slow taper to hopefully avoid relapse, is there.  However, combining the past year and now two more summers on the meds, seems like a lifetime to a fifteen year-old.  He is getting so strong and intently focusing on playing ball and finishing junior high!  The first labs after a few weeks of taper were positive and encouraging.  It's so fun to report forward progression!

Ryan has braces and glasses!  As I filled out the medical history forms, it was the first child in a long time that I could check the NO boxes!


 Ben, also now in glasses and loving his new world, is doing well physically. Emotionally is in question until the tooth is out and he realizes that he survived! Look for the video on You tube? He still has abnormal labs and we will continue the follow-up.




Everyone loves it when Courtney brings her chalk art to life!












Emily's Celiac Panal came back negative.  Thinking, and hoping that it is just a bout with 6 year-old increased night-time acid production, we are treating for that as minimally as possible and maintaining, once again that, I'm not going to lie at times aggravating, 24/7 tender emotional support!  So, with that report, my medication cupboard has been arranged, and rearranged to comply with the changing needs of the day!  Still holding onto the thought:[HOPE]


Slow down. Choose inner peace.
The key to happiness is inner peace.  The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.    Dalai Lama

I refocus everyday to choose to run my life.  I choose to have the love of the Lord in my life, to be healthy, happy and pray often.  To work hard and play harder. Learn, keep covenants, be honest and forgive.  To eat chocolate and drink water, take photos, have compassion, attend the temple, have faith, survive and thrive. To organize, teach, moisturize, laugh, repent, serve, release the pain, re prioritize, love, get real, be reliable, have [HOPE], read, be content, sleep and endure well.  
"Come what may, and love it!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!