Instead of waiting out the storm,
we must learn to dance in the rain.
It is intriguing to me how various thoughts or sayings come in and out of your life and have unique meaning within different moments. Life is truly seen through the eyes of your experiences.
This particular thought has surfaced in my mind quite often. Maybe for the literal sense that I love to dance in a warm summer rain or perhaps that storms are so often in life, that I must find a way, some strength, some hope, or courage to face the trials rather that wait for them to merely pass.
Of course when life-threatening, or life-altering experiences enter your world so does the opportunity for deep reflection on rainy days. The good days have disappeared with the sun for the past few days. After missing two days of school and feeling lousy, Davis is finally vertical again and we both wanted to go and dance in the rain. Never knowing when pain...or dinner will resurface, the unknown can reach out and grab you.
On a better note for the week. Courtney is thriving thus far in her adventures at college. Her intense schedule of chemistry, biology, psychology and nursing welcomed her to the real world quite quickly. Taking it with stride, she is mixing in fun with great roommates and coming home for laundry, food refill and hugs. It has been fun to see her engage in life as a 18 year-old after such a summer full of heavy life responsibility and uncertaintiy. The other kids have missed her and pray for her every night as family prayer seems so small. Emmi turned six today and was thrilled to receive a birthday message from sister Courtney, who is for sure one of her idols in life.
I am still in search of some sort of continuous meditation technique that can outrun what life throws at us all. Autumn seems to always bring about the need to revamp life. Everything from household organization, fleeting thoughts of canning, even more fleeting thoughts of washing windows, exercising to prepare for the holiday binge eating, to season-end yard tidy. I am a little lost in the seasons. Summer came and left in a blur. With aging, I have found the intense desire to revamp everything. This is surely why the anti-aging industry is booming. If it sounds to good to be true........Can I take a minute to have me time? I'd like to revamp the insurance system for sure and have chocolate be the cure for pain and anguish, and often times I think of revamping this crazy world to make it safe for our kids.
All in a days thoughts of a woman.
I know one thing at a time.
Maybe I should figure out just how to turn it all off for a moment or two
and stop trying to multi-task multi-tasking!
It is so much to ask that it can all be done, all clean, all settled, all happy at the same time...just once? Does it all have to be done? How can it all be done? I speak with friends in all places that feel the same sentiment.
How do we slow down to see?
If anyone has a system that is working for them...let me know, I think it would make a great business...in our spare time!PS. It is now Friday...Rain gone, Davis at school. Ah, the hope and freshness of a new day, just don't think about all that you did yesterday that is in need of being done again today...it will be there for you tomorrow!
Great thoughts, Gayle! You have a gift for writing. Thanks for having a blog so I can feel like you are still living next door :)
ReplyDelete