Tuesday, May 28, 2013

December 2012 - Make room for the good times in life! - DONE



The innermost thoughts of Courtney going through the temple are reserved within my heart.  

However, the outer expressions of motherly love and admiration are endless. I am so impressed by Courtney's diligence in preparing to enter the temple and serve a mission.  The strength that she has at 20 is awe-inspiring.  I  am in complete amazement when I hear and see her accomplishments on a spiritual level.  I am so excited and also nervous for her to serve in Argentina.  The main emotion is one of complete peace and happiness.  Not to say that there is, however, also a need to curb the uncertain feelings of the unknown.  This is a dream come true and a proud moment as a parent.  As she gets closer and closer to leaving, I realize just how much it is all about her and her life, and I will intensely miss having her around.  Although she is incredibly busy working as  a nanny, at the bake shop, as a CNA and tutoring to earn money to make her mission a reality, she always comes home at night to talk of her day with me.  I will miss our nightly conversations and knowing she is safely in for the night.   I am reminded of a song that I heard when Courtney was first born.  The chorus was along the lines of... from God's arms to mine.  I now feel like I want to feel peace in my faith of the encompassing arms of a loving Heavenly Father surrounding her for 18 months.
December 7, 2013 - David's, dad and mom, Courtney, Uncle Rob, G and G Wintle
(Grandma Cox was there, but missed photo), Aunt Jaclyn and Aunt Julia
also friends Spencer Higgs and Jayden Anderson 

Emily's brownie troop headed to Build-A-Bear workshop and had a great time bringing many different bears to life for children at Primary Children's Hospital. After kissing the heart of the bear and making a wish for the child who would receive it, we headed to the hospital.  Emily named her bear Murphy Davis!
(Murphy for our shelf Elf and Davis for extra love for the children at Primary).



The Turning Place Christmas
Dance recital!

Emily and Cozette 




3rd Grade telling of Christmas traditions:
St. Nicholas Day! 
Daddy-Daughter Hawaiian day
at Girl Scouts
I was so encouraged by the past few days that I thought I felt strong enough to attempt a pre-holiday cleanse!  As Courtney and I try the 3-day Dr. Oz cleanse, I am surprised at the amount of fresh fruits and veggies that we can consume.  Going into the blender it was colorful and beautiful.  Coming out...well, I will spare the details.  After day one I was great, not hungry and feeling very energized, I can do this!  Day two; the 22 oz. of lime/spinach/kale green meal seemed a bit bitter and overwhelming to finish.  I wasn't even interested in a snack this day.  By dinner day three, I was vowing I would never drink my meals again.  I did do the same cleanse in part-solid form and some liquid a week later.  I like that much better.
Beautiful going in!

Questioning the meal in a bag?especially the lime green lunch one! give me chewing meals over drinking them any day!



I cry at the commercial,...which is set to music and has a child's voice narrating, "there are man eating sharks in every ocean...but we still swim.  Every second somewhere in the world, lightening strikes...but we still play in the rain.  Because bad things can't stop us from making life...good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! We love comments, but not as much as we love you!